Bone broth has historically been a food staple throughout the world to help boost immunity, support digestion, and improve joint health. Broth pack includes two chicken frames to make your own bone broth at home.
4 in stock
Our pastured poultry are raised in the natural environment: on grass, with insects and sunshine, while protected in a large mobile pen that is moved daily to provide fresh pasture. No antibiotics, vaccines or restrictions are used because they’re not needed as would be required inside a commercial production operation. There is no soy in the non-GMO supplemental food to avoid high estrogen levels in the meat. The resulting product is more nutrient dense compared to non-pastured chicken, specifically in terms of higher levels of omega 3 fatty acids and vitamins, A and E.
Bone broth has historically been a food staple throughout the world to help boost immunity, support digestion, and improve joint health. Bone broth has been brewed for centuries and is the foundation of cooking from soups and stews, sauces, reductions and braising. Bone broths are basically nutrient-dense “soups” typically made with bones and very little meat, which is simmered slowly for a long period of time. The long cooking methods breaks down bones, releases the nutrients and minerals, making them easily digestible. Bone broth is rich in protein and an excellent source of trace minerals such as magnesium, calcium and phosphorus. Bone broth also has numerous health benefits:
- Promotes healthy digestion: gelatin protects and heals the mucosal lining in the digestive tract and helps aid in the digestion of nutrients;
- Boosts immunity: broths have been known to alleviate symptoms of upper respiratory infections. Bone broth also is high in anti-inflammatory amino acids byline and proline.
- Reduces pain and inflammation: bone broth contains glucosamine, which can reduce pain and inflammation in joints and promote collagen growth;
- Promotes healthy skin, hair and nails: collagen and gelatin in bone broth supports healthy hair and nail growth;
- Promotes better sleep: the amino acid glycine found in bone broth has been known to be calming.
To make bone broth:
Step 1: Place contents of broth pack into crock pot and cover completely with water
Step 2: Set heat to high and bring to boil
Step 3: Reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 24 hours
Step 4: Strain contents to remove the remainder of the carcasses
Step 3: Enjoy!